Every once in a while, I have to look like a person. A professional person. Unfortunately, this happens about five days a week. I’m not going to lie, it’s easy to get grumpy about my day job.
But just this past week, on the way to work, I got a call from my boss asking for my Starbucks order. It reminded me of how much I love my job, and how incredibly lucky I am. Here are a few more things I love about my job! Believe me, you’ll want to read all the way through- number 5 is probably my favorite one!
1. These are not listed in order of importance, but this one is most imporant ;). I am allowed to leave for a Starbucks break in the afternoons if a little extra caffeine is needed. I think I’m allowed to go because I always bring back a misto for a certain someone.
2. My strengths are recognized! I am often given projects that were created just for me, projects that combine all my skills and talents. That feels AWESOME.
3. It challenges me. Public speaking is a weekly part of my job, and it’s terrifying! But public speaking is an amazing skill to have and I love that I can stand in front of a room full of people and give a presentation.
4. My co-workers always notice my outfits and compliment me on a daily basis. Sometimes I wear crazy outfits just to see what they will say ;).
5. I am surrounded by entrepreneurs. As a result, the attitude at the office is always one of hard work, intense focus, and creativity. It is an amazing place to grow my entrepreneurial spirit and learn more about every aspect of business.
So how about you? What are some things you love about your job?