This year was my very first year as a Sephora VIB. There is currently a 15% discount code available online and in stores during the VIB event. There was also an event last Thursday in Sephoras across the country. Because it is my first year as a VIB, I thought I’d attend the event to get the full experience!
One of the perks of attending in store was that I received this tote bag of samples. Although the samples weren’t very substantial (and you all know how I feel about sample clutter), I think the bag is great. Usually free totebags are kind of lame, but I think this bag is very trendy- lucky for Sephora their black and white stripes are most definitely in style!
Here is a list of samples I received:
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion- SPF 50+
- Ole Hendricksen oil free, brightening moisturizer
- Makeup Forever Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation
- Bumble and bumble thickening shampoo and conditioner
- Nude perfect cleansing oil face and eyes
There was also a sample of Miss Dior perfume that I threw away already :(. The smell gave me a headache! But apparently it is one of Sephora’s bestsellers, so it must be a matter of taste!
Have you tried any of the above samples? Are there any in particular that you’d like me to review when I’m done?
And now… for the haul!
Here is a list of the products, with a quick review of each! Each of these items can be found at Sephora.com.
- Benefit Fakeup- This newest product from Benefit has been all over the blogosphere. I just had to try it for myself! I love it as much as everyone else does! It is a concealer stick surrounded by a really moisturizing clear substance that is supposed to be working on improving your undereye area. So it’s an under-eye treatment and concealer in one! I got it in the lightest color available, which is another reason I really like it because it lightens up my whole undereye area.
- HD High Definition Foundation in N117- This was my splurge. I have been waiting to try this for a long time, and with a 15% off coupon code, it was my perfect chance. Sadly, I am not in love with it! I am going to give it one more try, and if it doesn’t change my life, I am definitely going to return it. (Did you know that you can return already opened products? Just another thing I love about Sephora.)
- Nars eyeshadow doubles- Pandora and Eurydice- I am one of those people who walks out of Sephora with swatches across my entire left hand. The minute I swatted Eurydice, I knew I had to have it. The purple and dark gray colors are both shimmery and extremely multi-dimensional, changing colors as they are hit by the light. Pandora is a very simple palette with a matte black and white, which I have been on the lookout for. Both of these duos are highly pigmented and absolutely gorgeous.
- Daisy by Marc Jacobs- This smells beautiful and is not too overpowering! Currently in my purse!
- Blush Brush and Foundation brush, both by Sephora- Unfortunately, I have found out that I can’t use brushes from drugstores. The last few I have purchased leave hair all over my face when I use them! These brushes have so far been wonderful and I am glad I purchased them, as I plan on using them for a long time.
Would you be interested in reviews and pictures of any of the above products? What is your VIB haul?
Once again, this is linked up with Makeup Monday! Click the button for more beauty tutorials and reviews!
P.S. Don’t miss the giveaway that is going on over at Krysten’s blog! She is giving away a Quotation Marks script scarf!! And if you are following this blog, you already have one entry!